A California woman is suing a hair salon, alleging that getting a shampoo led to her stroke two weeks later.
Elizabeth Smith filed a lawsuit, saying that she was getting her hair shampooed at the Blowbunny: Blow Dry & Hair Extension Bar in December 2013, when her neck was “hyper-extended” and lead to a stroke that has had lasting consequences.
Smith alleged that the hyper-extension lead to her vertebrate to “cut her vertebral artery,” according to court papers filed by Smith’s attorneys in December.
Through her lawyers, Smith alleged the chair and shampoo bowl were “defective” and lead to the hyper-extension.
Smith,48, told ABC News affiliate KGTV she wanted to raise awareness, especially since she still has a clot in her brain that could cause more damage.
“So I do live with that every night. I go to sleep wondering, will I wake up tomorrow?” said Smith.